Explosives Shipping Classification DOT Ex-Number Training & Workshop
Please join Safety Management Services, Inc. (SMS), one of the U.S. DOT’s premier examining agencies, for an exciting and insightful look into the hazards classification process for Class 1 materials.
Course Content: Click this link to download the 2020 Explosives Shipping Classification course flyer
Day 1 & 2: Hazards Classification Procedures
- Identify the hazards presented by Class 1 materials in transportation
- Select the tests required to properly classify the hazards of Class 1 materials for transportation
- Discover the purpose of each test, along with key parameters/objectives and indicators for assessing test results
Day 3: Hazards Classification Testing Workshop at SMS’s Test Site (Toole Army Depot)
- Gain invaluable classroom and hands-on experience with each test’s setup and representative pass/fail results at SMS’s Test Site (Tooele Army Depot)
Day 4 & 5: Using Your Approval in a Hazardous Material Shipment
- Overview of the governing regulation: 49 CFR Subchapter C Hazardous Regulations (HMR)
- Learn about the various Approvals (EX numbers, Special Permits, and Competent Authority letters) and the hazardous materials’ shipment process.
|May 4, 2020||to||May 8, 2020|
|7:30 am - 5:00 pm|
3923 West Center Park Drive
West Jordan, Utah 84084