Explosives Shipping Classification DOT Ex-Number Training & Workshop
**** Course registration CLOSED ****
Due to COVID-19-imposed travel restrictions, this course is postponed until further notice.
Please join Safety Management Services, Inc. (SMS), one of the U.S. DOT’s premier examining agencies, for an exciting and insightful look into the hazards classification process for Class 1 materials.
Course Content: Click this link to download the 2020 Explosives Shipping Classification course flyer
Day 1 & 2: Hazards Classification Procedures
- Identify the hazards presented by Class 1 materials in transportation
- Select the tests required to properly classify the hazards of Class 1 materials for transportation
- Discover the purpose of each test, along with key parameters/objectives and indicators for assessing test results
Day 3: Hazards Classification Testing Workshop at SMS’s Test Site (Toole Army Depot)
- Gain invaluable classroom and hands-on experience with each test’s setup and representative pass/fail results at SMS’s Test Site (Tooele Army Depot)
Day 4 & 5: Using Your Approval in a Hazardous Material Shipment
- Overview of the governing regulation: 49 CFR Subchapter C Hazardous Regulations (HMR)
- Learn about the various Approvals (EX numbers, Special Permits, and Competent Authority letters) and the hazardous materials’ shipment process.
|May 4, 2020||to||May 8, 2020|
|7:30 am - 5:00 pm|
3923 West Center Park Drive
West Jordan, Utah 84084