Mon, May 01|
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton W Jordan
May 2023 - Explosives Shipping Classification DOT Ex-Number Training & Workshop
Course Registration Fee: $2,100 Please join Safety Management Services, Inc. (SMS), one of the U.S. DOT’s premier examining agencies, for an exciting and insightful look into the hazards classification process for Class 1 materials.
Time & Location
May 01, 2023, 8:00 AM MDT – May 05, 2023, 3:00 PM MDT
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton W Jordan, 3923 W Center Park Dr, West Jordan, UT 84084, USA
About the Event
Course Registration Fee: $2,100
Download a course flyer for more information.
Day 1 & 2: Hazards Classification Procedures
- Identify the hazards presented by Class 1 materials in transportation
- Select the tests required to properly classify the hazards of Class 1 materials for transportation
- Discover the purpose of each test, along with key parameters/objectives and indicators for assessing test results
Day 3: Hazards Classification Testing Workshop at SMS’s Test Site (Toole Army Depot)
- Gain invaluable classroom and hands-on experience with each test’s setup and representative pass/fail results at SMS’s Test Site (Tooele Army Depot)
Day 4 & 5: Using Your Approval in a Hazardous Material Shipment
- Overview of the governing regulation: 49 CFR Subchapter C Hazardous Regulations (HMR)
- Learn about the various Approvals (EX numbers, Special Permits, and Competent Authority letters) and the hazardous materials’ shipment process.
Day 1 & 3 Hazards Classification Procedures
Day 2: Hazards Classification Testing Workshop at SMS's Test Site (Toole Army Depot)